Welcome to the 9th IFAC/IFIP/IFORS/IISE/INFORMS Conference
Manufacturing Modelling, Management and Control MIM 2019!
thank you for joining us at MIM 2019 in Berlin at Berlin School of Economics and Law on August 28-30, 2019! 750 participants attended. The program featured 7 plenary talks, 5 keynote talks, 3 industrial workshops, 5 industrial tours (BMW, Fraunhofer IPK, Rolls Royce, Siemens, Stadler), several thematic special sessions (e.g., Meet the Editor session with Editor-in-Chiefs of the leading international journals), and 540 presentations in the technical sessions carefully selected through a peer review process out of 850+ submissions with the help of about 700 reviewers.
11 Special Issues in the leading international journals will be published in association with MIM 2019. The proceedings of MIM 2019 will be published Open Access by Elsevier in the IFAC PapersOnLine series.
If you have not attended, you missed MIM biggest conference ever.
We look forward to meeting/seeing you in Nantes at IFAC MIM 2022!
MIM 2019 Mission: Connect Control, Industrial Engineering, OR and Computer Science for better management decision-support systems in digital, resilient and sustainable manufacturing and supply chains in the era of Industry 4.0
The central theme of the 9th IFAC/IFIP/IFORS/IISE/INFORMS Conference on Manufacturing Modelling, Management and Control MIM 2019 will be
Digital, Resilient and Sustainable Manufacturing 4.0
Digitalization, resilience, and sustainability shape current and future trends in manufacturing modelling, management, and control. The aim of MIM 2019 is to bring together researchers and practitioners in industrial engineering, manufacturing, operations research, supply chain management, and computer science to present and discuss emerging topics in modern manufacturing modeling, management, and control. MIM’2019 will follow a rich tradition of previous IFAC conferences and symposia in Manufacturing and Logistics held in Germany. MIM’2019 will focus in particular on the most innovative methods proposed in the last few years in the context of digitalization, risk management, and resilience in production and logistics systems in the 21st century.
The conference will cover all topics related to design, implementation and operation of modern manufacturing systems in digitalization era, including (but not limited to) the following:
- Analytics, optimization and machine learning in manufacturing and supply chains
- Artificial intelligence applications to manufacturing
- Blockchain applications in manufacturing and supply chains
- Business analytics for manufacturing systems
- Complex adaptive systems and emergent synthesis in manufacturing
- Control of manufacturing processes
- Control theory applications to production systems and supply chains
- Data-driven applications in manufacturing
- Design and reconfiguration of manufacturing systems
- Design for reusability
- Digital manufacturing networks and smart operations
- Digital supply chain
- Discrete event systems in manufacturing
- Distributed systems and multi-agents technologies
- Enterprise modelling, integration and networking
- Facility planning and materials handling
- Fostering innovation in manufacturing
- Industrial and applied mathematics for production
- Industry 4.0
- Intelligent manufacturing systems
- Intelligent transportation
- Inventory control, production planning and scheduling
- Knowledge management in production
- Logistics, supply chains and networks
- Maintainability, reliability, safety and dependability of production systems
- Manufacturing as a service
- Management and design of production systems
- Market responsive supply chains
- Modeling, simulation, control and monitoring of manufacturing processes
- Monitoring, diagnosis and maintenance of manufacturing systems
- Operations and supply chain simulation
- Operations research
- Quality management
- Risk management, resilience and flexibility
- Robotics in manufacturing
- Sensor networks, ubiquitous computing, active identifiers, wireless communication in manufacturing
- Service oriented architecture for production management and control
- Simulation technologies
- Supply network dynamics and control
- Sustainable manufacturing
- Virtual reality
- Web-enabled manufacturing control and wireless automation
We are looking forward to welcoming you to MIM 2019 in Berlin!
Prof. Dr. Dmitry Ivanov (General Conference Chair)
Prof. Dr. Alexandre Dolgui (IPC Chair)
Prof. Dr. Harald Gleißner † (NOC Chair) / Prof. Dr. Susanne Meyer (Deputy NOC Chair)
It is with great sadness that the hosting organizing body of MIM 2019 has to announce the sudden death of the head of the national organization committee, Deputy President of Hochschule für Wirtschaft und Recht Berlin Prof. Dr. Harald Gleißner. He unexpectedly passed away on July 8th, 2019. Harald Gleißner, professor of transportation and logistics and former dean of the Department of Cooperative Studies at HWR Berlin, was dedicated to making this international IFAC conference a success and of great benefit to all participants from around the world. He will be deeply missed and we shall honour his memory. We thank HWR Berlin’s vice president Prof. Dr. Susanne Meyer who agreed to take over as deputy head of the national organization committee in very short term and with great personal commitment.